[CentOS] Mounting /var directory to a new HardDisk

Fri Jan 18 03:38:09 UTC 2008
redhat at mckerrs.net <redhat at mckerrs.net>

For sure you will be able to mount /var on your new disk....

but not before you boot single user and copy all the contents across manually and then modify /etc/fstab to reflect the new location of /var.

In my experience it is nigh-on impossible to *move* /var when a system is running.

Hint : next time use LVM *even* if you only have 1 physical disk to start with. It makes this sort of situation an non-event.

Cheers.