[CentOS] Cyrus-Imapd Sieve Unable to connect to server

Tue Jan 22 23:16:08 UTC 2008
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Alain Reguera Delgado schrieb:
> On 1/22/08, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
>
>> Alain Reguera Delgado schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Do you know if sieve implementation on cyrus-imapd package is working
>>> correctly ? When trying to connect to timsieved at localhost with
>>> sieveshell I'm getting the following error:
>>>
>>> $ sieveshell --user=al --authname=cyrus localhost
>>> connecting to localhost
>>> unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 169
>>>
>>> The configuration on /etc/cyrus.conf is by defult. Port 2000 is
>>> listening on all tcp interfaces. This port is not open in Iptables
>>> configuration.
>>>

>> Sure the CentOS 5 default cyrus.conf uses SASL auxprop with sasldb plugin?
>>

> Don't know :(. I haven't touch /etc/cyrus.conf. Just /etc/imapd.conf
> to use auxprop. Should I modify /etc/cyrus.conf ? This is my first
> experience with sieve configuration.

O sorry. I meant imapd.conf when speaking about the SASL setup for
cyrus-imapd. You may post your imapd.conf.

>>> using auxprop with sasldb2 here in a CentOS 5.0 box.
>>>
>>> Some idea ?

I wonder that `imtest' succeeds and `sivtest' fails. I think it would
help if you provide an `imtest' run in verbose mode (parameter "-v").

>> What does `sivtest' tell you?
>>

> S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-1.1.el5"
> S: "SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation
> imapflags notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
> S: "STARTTLS"
> S: OK
> Authentication failed. generic failure
> Security strength factor: 0
> C: LOGOUT
> Connection closed.

Ok. The server even fails to offer authentication properly. Please run
it again in verbose mode with parameter "-v".

>> Try with non LOGIN nor PLAIN mech.
>>

> How could we do that ?

man sivtest -> -m mech

>> Alexander
>>

> Thank you very much Alexander
>
> Cheers,
> al

You are welcome. Please be as specific about your cyrus-imapd setup as
you can be. Providing config files and some more info is recommeded. For
instance please show us `ls -al /etc/sasldb' and the output of
`sasldblistusers2'. You are aware that you will always have realmed
users? Means you won't have a user "al" but "al at realm" (the realm is
your hostname if you don't specify a different one when running
`saslpasswd2').

Regards

Alexander