AW: [CentOS] Re: Why iptables are not working?

Wed Jan 23 15:06:29 UTC 2008
Marc Rebischke <centos at kommaher.de>

Hi,

Does the Path "/sbin" exist in the File
".bash_profile" of User root ?

If not you may add the path to the file.
Maybe that could help you

The other way is, that you call iptables
With the full path "/sbin/iptables". That
Should also work well if you don't want
To edit .bash_profile (why ever).

Regards
Marc Rebischke

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von: Tolun ARDAHANLI <tolun.ardahanli at linux.org.tr>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2008 14:39
An: CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
Betreff: [CentOS] Re: Why iptables are not working?

hi;
the output of those commands are listed below... but i see that i cant reach to iptables if i am opening a console in Gnome(however i give su- command but still was the same problem)... But if I am opening directly the console with pressing ctrl+f1 and giving root and password of it than i can use iptables command!!!

# ls -l /sbin/iptables
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 57408 Jan  6  2007 /sbin/iptables
# rpm -q iptables
iptables-1.3.5-1.2.1

thanks to all