[CentOS] Re: Worth upgrading desktop to 5.1?

Wed Jan 23 22:06:47 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 1/23/2008 12:19 PM Sean Carolan spake the following:
>> If you want to keep your existing kernel for a while, just change the
>> grub default back after the update installs the new one.  Then you can
>> switch, reboot, and rebuild the necessary stuff whenever you have a
>> chance.
>
> Thanks, this is probably what I will end up doing.  I tend to err on the
> side of caution when applying updates, especially a single-user box that
> is not exposing any inbound ports or services to the Internet.
It is only safe if the machine has NO outside contact, incoming or outgoing.
IE ... net cable unplugged, modem unplugged. Maybe even floppy and cd-rom
unplugged.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and