[CentOS] Interesting PXE server setup question

Thu Jan 24 17:13:55 UTC 2008
Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com>

Grub is able to boot on a partition and set a new default one at next reboot.
I use it to make a systematic reboot after a cold reboot,
because my motherboard dont detect my second sata at first boot.

Or using the old way, just switch your default partition using parted
or gpart or anything elese.
I used this to make a copy of a win2000 partition to a tape drive or
another partition
from a linux partition. The initiation was done from the window that was
changing the default boot partition before to init a reboot,
and linux was reseting the original boot before to backup the
partition and reboot.

Hope this will give you some idea.