[CentOS] Mailing list replies and Evolution

Sun Jan 27 12:34:22 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 11:33 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 00:27 +0100, Brian Schueler wrote:
> > > I wanted to reply messages (e.g. to the cross-build-env in centos-devel)
> > > but my replies get posted as a new thread. I'm using Emulution 2.8 and I
> > > think Evolution eats the in-reply-to information. Is there anyone who
> > > also uses Evolution (especially in conjunction with a Scalix imap
> > > server)?
> > > So please tell me the right settings to acting not so disturbingly.
> >
> > I would be *extremely* surprised if this was evolution's fault. For all
> > its issues, that's one I've not seen from it.
>
> Oh, I've seen it quite often here on the mailing list, so it has to be
> possible to bring Evolution to not write an In-Reply-To: or References:
> header ...

I don't doubt that messages which originated with evolution could have
headers arbitrarily removed by broken or misconfigured MTAs. I also
don't doubt that evolution could misinterpret existing headers when
displaying threads. I simply have seen no irrefutable proof that
evolution breaks threading via replies of its own accord.