[CentOS] vmware question

Mon Jan 28 05:51:41 UTC 2008
Jonathan Berry <berryja at gmail.com>

On Jan 26, 2008 10:46 PM, William Warren
<hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
> I am running Centos 5 64 bit.  For somer reason i cannot get the windows
> client to connect to the server.  The port is set to 904 as per the
> install but when i try to connect to the server i get the error the
> machine is actively refusing it.  I do not have a firewall on and the
> apache server and everything else is running.  I can check the status
> webpage in my browser just fine.  Any ideas?

Are you specifying to connect to port 904 from the Windows client
(VMware Server Console, I assume)?  For example, if your server is at
IP 192.168.0.100, specify 192.168.0.100:904 in the server address box
(likewise, if you connect with a name, just put :904 after the name).
902 is the standard port.  However, 902 is allocated in /etc/services
already, so VMware bumps it up to 904.  If you want to change this,
edit /etc/services to comment out the two 902 lines, then rerun
vmware-config.pl and tell it to run on port 902.  Then you will not
need to specify the port explicitly.

Jonathan