[CentOS] Cron on certain days?

Mon Jan 28 19:47:15 UTC 2008
Jeff Larsen <jlar310 at gmail.com>

On Jan 28, 2008 1:26 PM, Scott Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:
> Is it possible for me to schedule cron to say run script A on the first
> Friday of the month, script B on the second Friday of the month, script C,
> etc.?

There is always the lowly 'at' command. Setup and maintenance would be
a pain as you would not easily be able to create a configuration that
would run in perpetuity. But perhaps you could write a script to
generate each months 'at' schedule and run that with cron.

If you control the scripts that are being run, perhaps you could run
them on a regular schedule and program them with the logic needed to
decide whether or not they should do anything.

--
Jeff