[CentOS] Resizing a fat filesystem on a USB partition

Wed Jan 30 13:04:42 UTC 2008
Dogsbody <dan at dogsbody.org>

>>> AFAIK, there is no way to "resize" any FAT partition.  You have to
>>> delete both partitions and then create a new one.
>>
>> I thought the CD installer came with a utility to resize FAT
>> partitions (albeit in MS DOS)?  And this isn't possible in CentOS it
>> self?  :-/
>
> Have you looked at the gparted LiveCD?

If parted doesn't work I guess gparted won't either :-/

This is a USB drive so it's not a problem unmounting it and playing
around with it.

Shame it can't be done.  I thought I was finally getting somewhere with
that.

Thanks again

Dan