NFS problem in the latest kernel (Was: [CentOS] MySQL issues with kernel-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5.x86_64.rpm)

Thu Jan 31 17:21:24 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Jan 30, 2008 4:01 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 8:25 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> > Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> > > On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 at 10:18am, Johnny Hughes wrote

> > In any event, I can not duplicate the problem with an nfs export on c4
> > or c5 and connecting with a c5 client, regardless of the kernel using i686.
>
> One other person has reported seemingly the same nfs problem in the
> Scientific Linux mail list:
>
> http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0801&L=scientific-linux-devel&T=0&P=5427
>
> According to this post, "It only seems to affect x86_64 systems, or affects them
> much more noticeably than it does i386 ones."

This problem does not seem to be associated with specific hardware as
implied in the original thread.  The person on the SciLinux mail list
has Dell machines, and I was able to confirm the issue using custom
built boxes.  I have added a note in the bug tracker at:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2635

Akemi