[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 kernel [2.6.18-92.1.1.el5] crashes on dual-PIII Compaq ProLiant 3000

MHR

mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:14:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Anne Wilson
<cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have an Athlon 64 X2 4200+, and that hit the powernow-k8 problem too.  I
> installed your test kernel which has cured it.  Thanks

Interesting - I have an Athlon 64 x2 4200+ that had no problems
booting the 5.2 kernel after an update, nor downloading and installing
the 92.1.6 source, nor rebuilding it with NTFS support added, nor
booting there, either.

I'll check when I get home to see what happened, but it all looks kosher.

Of course, I'm quite a bit behind in my emails, having been on the
vacation from hell last week, so I could be responding to a fixed
issue....

Ciao.

mhr