[CentOS] settings up cheap a NAS / SAN server, is it possible?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Tue Jul 1 04:51:51 UTC 2008

David Mackintosh wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 02:08:33PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> Have you updated to Centos 5.2 yet?  And if so, did it improve NFS
>> performance?
>>

> Sorry, these computers are in production now so I can't fiddle with them.
>
> Besides, this would be a "long" upgrade -- they are both CentOS 4.x systems.

This raises an interesting question. What do you do in this kind of
scenario? How do you upgrade a NAS / SAN with say 5 / 10 TB worth of data?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com