[CentOS] Configuring sendmail in a corporate environment

Kevin Thorpe kevin at pricetrak.com
Tue Jul 1 14:56:12 UTC 2008

Alfred von Campe wrote:
> Thanks for all the quick responses.  Enabling SMART_HOST as well as
> masquerading did the trick.  I also had to install the sendmail-cf
> RPM, but everything appears to be working now.
You CAN manage without sendmail-cf RPM by editing the config file by
hand. I wouldn't try it without a good psychiatrist and lots of
medication to hand though! Goodness only knows what the sendmail guys
were thinking of when they defined the config file specification.

Anyway, good to see you get it going.