[CentOS] African IP addresses list

Matt Shields matt at mattshields.org
Tue Jul 1 20:48:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Sean Carolan <scarolan at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a bit naive and childish:
>
> "how terribly shocking...I suggest also blocking China, 'cause they're
> commies, and France because they eat frogs"
>
> The OP is not discriminating against Africa because of government systems,
> skin color, or diet.  He is trying to reduce lost revenue, credit card
> refunds and time due to fraudulent orders that almost all originate from the
> African continent.  The reality is that Nigeria is the 419 internet scam
> capital of the world, and the Nigerian scammers sometimes work from other
> African nations or even the UK.  If someone in Africa really, really must
> have something that Matt sells then they should pay with Western Union or
> international money order instead of a credit card.

Ever heard of the Western Union scam?  No offense to anyone in any other
country, but personally I prefer to deal with people in the US who are
covered by US laws.  My comments above had absolutely nothing to do with
race, color, nationality, religion, etc.  It's because it's easier to go
after someone legally if they try to rip me off and they are in the same
country as me.  And I know there a lot of businesses that have taken the
same stance on who they will sell products to.

--
-matt