[CentOS] Re: Torrent sharing question

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jul 1 22:47:03 UTC 2008

on 6-27-2008 8:00 AM Karanbir Singh spake the following:
> John Bowden wrote:
>> Hi Folks.
>> Just a quick question. I have been sharing CenOS 5.0 and 5.1 since I down
>> loaded them. Now we are on to 5.2 is it still worth sharing them or can I
>> archive them to DVD and save some hard drive space?
>> Regards John
> We normally drop the torrents from the tracker around the time a new
> version is released so you should as well. Do you even see any traffic
> on these older torrents ?
> By the way,  I think we ( as a community ) should strongly discurage
> people from installing older software specially since the older stuff
> now has known and published widely bug's and potentially remote security
> issues. Ofcourse there are people who will, due to whatever reason,
> still want to get out there and install an older version - they are
> welcome to use the vault.centos.org machines.
> - KB
With exception to the people hit with the powernow glitch. They will never be
able to install with a 5.2 cd or dvd since the installer kernels probably
won't be changed unless by the slim chance that upstream does.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!