[CentOS] Re: is CentOS an LSB certified product?

Nicholas nicholas at oscc.org.my
Wed Jul 2 04:54:17 UTC 2008

Its not a matter of licensing.

Since the days of various Linux distros, coming up with diff schemes
made it difficult for developers to target a Linux. Hence the need to
give the source, go compile in your own system mentality. This puts off
many non techie ppl.

Just imagine when a driver or application can be packaged irregardless
of the linux distro and it doesnt need a technical person to install.
Wont this makes it easier for entry into Linux? for end-user and developers?

--
Nicholas A. Suppiah
Training & Certification Manager

---