[CentOS] RHEL vs. CentOS

drew einhorn

drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 15:46:44 UTC 2008

Hi, we have a new customer to support.  They have RHEL5 not CentOS5.

Is there a summary of the differences between RHEL and CentOS?

We have come across differences in how yum works.  There is
magic involving the rhnplugin that connects us to invisible
repositories not mentioned in the yum config files, interacts with
the web interface via rhn.redhat.com, ...

We wonder if there are other differences that we have not yet stumbled
upon, that might create issues in the future.

--
Drew Einhorn