[CentOS] Re: Yum errors

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jul 2 19:22:48 UTC 2008

on 7-2-2008 11:49 AM Scott Silva spake the following:
> <snip>
>> your .repo files and/or repo setup in /etc/yum.conf is broken
> Copied /etc/yum directory from a working server, preserving the old one,
> and it seems to be working so far. It looks like the biggest difference
> is the old one had a conf file for fastestmirror, but the new one has
> installonlyn conf file. I'll see what happens. Maybe it munged when I
> added the downloadonly plugin earlier. I wanted to have all the updates
> on the machine before I ran the upgrade.
Still borked, but less messages;

  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 183, in main
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 336, in doTransaction
     problems = self.downloadPkgs(downloadpkgs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 897, in
     dirstat = os.statvfs(po.repo.pkgdir)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '//var/cache/yum/updates/packages'

Is this the problem ^^^^^
/var/cache/yum/updates/packages exists and has same owner/perms as all the
other dirs in the cache folder, although the double backslash looks suspicious
to me.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!