[CentOS] PPPoE setup

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jul 2 23:59:06 UTC 2008

Ramon Nieto wrote:

> [...]

OK.  That is what I thought.  I suspect the advice I found was for a
different distro.

> How did you configured the pppoe link?

I haven't yet.  Trying to get the steps down before I do.  Once I start,
I am off the net until it works.

> I have been using the adsl-setup command from the rp-pppoe package  to
> configure the dsl link, it generates the ifcfg-ppp0 file on
> /etc/sysconfig/network/scripts with the values needed to bring the
> link up such as the username, network interface to use, etc.
>
> Also the adsl-setup command stores the username and password on the
> chap-secrets and pap-secrets files under /etc/ppp
>
> After the dsl is configured you can bring it up /down with the
> adsl-start adsl-stop commands.

OK.  I see the adsl-setup command in both /sbin and /usr/sbin.  So I can
run them and see what they produce.

What do you do to get adsl-start to run at boot (and at the proper point
in booting).