[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 vs. Intel 82801 AC'97 Audio

MHR

mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 21:22:35 UTC 2008

I have installed 5.2 on my work desktop and everything works perfectly
EXCEPT the sound device.  Here is the relevant lspci line:

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)

I tried looking in Google (might have been a bad search), but all I
could find was to add acpi=on to my boot line in grub.conf, and that
didn't do any good.  The volume control shows muted and I can't enable
it.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

mhr