[CentOS] Desktop: Evolution & Bug Buddy issues (GNOME)

Lanny Marcus

Fri Jul 4 03:03:35 UTC 2008

Is this issue in the CentOS Bugzilla or Upstream Bugzilla? I use a fully
updated CentOS 5.2 box. Frequently, when I close Evolution, I get a message
from Bug Buddy, the Bug Reporting Tool, that Calendar has crashed. I do not
use the Calendar Application. I use Evolution for email and contacts. Then,
when I try to send the information, I get an error message:

Bug Buddy has encountered an error while submitting your report to the
Bugzilla server.  Details of the error are included below.

The fault code returned by Bugzilla is not recognized. Please report the
following information to bugzilla.gnome.org manually:

999:please_try_with_newer_gnome

I also have KDE installed (rarely used, but it's there) and during some very
brief use, with KDE, the Evolution Calendar Application also crashed, so it
is not limited to GNOME.

I did not have this issue, before the recent upgrade to CentOS 5.2.