[CentOS] Desktop: Evolution & Bug Buddy issues (GNOME)

Sat Jul 5 18:07:25 UTC 2008

wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 2:32 AM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

>> wrote:
>> > I also have KDE installed (rarely used, but it's there) and during some
>> very
>> > brief use, with KDE, the Evolution Calendar Application also crashed, so
>> it
>> > is not limited to GNOME.
>> >
>> > I did not have this issue, before the recent upgrade to CentOS 5.2.
>> >

>> I've been getting this one for about four or five months - CentOS 5.1 and
>> 5.2.
>>
>> I mentioned this as one reason that RH ought to consider moving to a
>> newer GNOME, one reason _I_ wanted to try one with CentOS (which is a
>> major pita), etc.
>>
>> Welcome to the club!
>

> Mark: Thanks. I am a brand new member of this club. I did *not* have this
> problem, until I updated (I didn't RFM and I did yum update instead of yum
> upgrade....) to CentOS 5.2.
>
> As I  wrote in my first post, I also tried this using KDE and Evolution
> crashed there when I closed it, as it does in GNOME. It is an intermittent
> thing, but rather common.  Has this been documented, in the CentOS Bugzilla
> and/or Upstream Bugzilla? There seem to be two (2) unrelated problems: (a)
> Evolution Calendar crashing. when closing Evolution (although I never use
> Evolution Calendar) and (b) The problem with Bug Buddy not being able to
> send the Error data it collects, because it want's a more recent version of
> GNOME.  I have used Evolution for email for several years and this  problem
> closing it is something that for me began after I began using CentOS 5.2.  I
> rarely use KDE, but I will try to remember to use KDE more frequently, so I
> can verify my belief that Evolution crashes in KDE, just like it  does in
> GNOME. Lanny

Mark: A follow on: I searched in the CentOS Bugzilla and  also in the
Upstream Bugzilla, for "Evolution". There are about 25 things in CentOS and
119 in Upstream, as of a few minutes ago. I do *not* believe this issue is
mentioned, in either place, at this time. I am temporarily using KDE. I want
to verify whether or not the problem also exists in KDE, before I put the
issue into CentOS Bugzilla. Lanny