[CentOS] configuration file for tunneling device

Nabin Limbu

nlimbu at healthnet.org.np
Sun Jul 6 13:12:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

For Ethernet and others, we have a configuration file inside
/etc/sysconfig/newtork-script/ like ifcfg-ethx where we specify ip
address, mask, type etc... For GRE tunneling, how can I specify the
parameters for tunneling device, so that I ifup-tunnel will automatically
read and start the interface and I don't have to write the below scripts
in my start-up file.

ip tunnel add netx mode gre remote 69.77.7.7 local 192.168.0.1 ttl 255
ip addr add 192.168.0.1 dev netx