[CentOS] PPPoE and IPv6

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Jul 6 20:37:10 UTC 2008

I am not getting my IPv6 address and prefix delegation for my ppp
interface on my new gateway.

ppp is working right.  It is getting authenticated and getting the its
IPv4 address.  Shorewall is doing the forwarding and the static routes
on the internal interface for IPv4 are working.

But no IPv6.

Here is my ifcfg-ppp0:

USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=dialup
NAME=DSLppp0
DEVICE=ppp0
TYPE=xDSL
ONBOOT=no
PIDFILE=/var/run/pppoe-adsl.pid
FIREWALL=NONE
PING=.
PPPOE_TIMEOUT=80
LCP_FAILURE=3
LCP_INTERVAL=20
CLAMPMSS=1412
CONNECT_POLL=6
CONNECT_TIMEOUT=60
DEFROUTE=yes
SYNCHRONOUS=no
ETH=eth0
PROVIDER=DSLppp0
USER='me'
PEERDNS=no
DEMAND=no
PERSIST=no
IPV6INIT=yes

Interesting also about the FIREWALL entry.  I do have iptables off, as I
am using shorewall that uses netfilter.  I will be using ip6tables once
I get things going.

Of course once I get IPv6 to this box, I then have to have
IPv6_forwarding working....