[CentOS] Couple of CentOS 5.2 dhcp notes

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Jul 6 23:30:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 19:12 -0400, Marko A. Jennings wrote:
> On Sun, July 6, 2008 6:57 pm, Ian Forde wrote:
> > 1. Apparently, since I updated from 5.1 to 5.2, dhcpd no longer wants to
> > stay running.  The config is sound, and I can start it from the
> > command-line with the "-d" flag and it serves up leases.  But without
> > the -d flag, it just silently dies...
> Mine has been working without any problems before and after the 5.2
> update.  You might want to consider posting your configuration file.

Well, I stripped it down as much as I could - same problem exists... (IP
addresses and domain name changed, of course...)

ddns-update-style none;
ignore client-updates;

subnet netmask {
        range dynamic-bootp;
        default-lease-time 86400;
        max-lease-time 604800;
        option subnet-mask;
        option broadcast-address;
        option routers;
        option domain-name-servers,;
        option domain-name "mydomain.com";

But like I was saying before, if it were a config problem, it wouldn't
have been able to start on the command-line in non-daemon mode.  Same
problem when I downloaded it from www.isc.org (3.0.7) and rolled a
source build.  So there's definitely something strange (or obvious that
I'm missing) going on...