[CentOS] Re: pm-utils - ATrpms updates a system package on the stable branch

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jul 7 21:34:24 UTC 2008

on 7-7-2008 2:28 PM Joseph L. Casale spake the following:
>> If this is true, why did this package get updated?
> Can't answer that, but do you use yum-priorities? I was actually
> just looking at ATRPMS and about to see if it had what I needed
> for a new install. It would be good to know if that problem happened
> with the repo protection in place...
> jlc
I have atrpms on a few servers, but usually leave it disabled, then if I need
something I "yum --enablerepo=atrpms install ....

You can also turn it on occasionally with update and just say no if it looks
like it wants to replace any system modules.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!