[CentOS] rsh problems in CentOS 5.2 (was "cvs command failure on 5.2")

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Jul 7 22:35:05 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:

> 15:06:00.485527 IP sushi.ocroads.com > khan.sjhtca.com: ICMP host
> sushi.ocroads.com unreachable - admin prohibited, length 68

Is there a firewall on sushi? Run iptables -L -n on it, it seems like
a firewall is blocking the connection.

If you don't have an explicit need for a firewall on sushi I'd suggest
ensuring that iptables is not running /etc/init.d/iptables stop

And verify the default settings of the firewall just incase it leaves them
in a reject state with the iptables -L -n command above, e.g.

# iptables -L -n
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)