[CentOS] rsh problems in CentOS 5.2 (was "cvs command failure on 5.2")

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Jul 7 23:31:03 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:

This is your problem:
> REJECT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
> reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

> I'm not entirely sure what all this means - pls see above.  Is that
> what happened?

If you don't need iptables then stop the service and disable it:
chkconfig --level 2345 iptables off

Or you can add a rule to accept traffic for the particular port.

I don't know the specifics about adding rules to the built in firewall
I've always ditched the distribution specific firewalls and built my
own. I'm sure there are some docs out there somewhere though..

nate