[CentOS] "installation method" (CentOS 5.2)

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:11:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 2:15 AM, Herta Van den Eynde
<herta.vandeneynde at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/7/7 MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>:
>>
>> This is normal for the graphical installation.
>
> Is it?  5.1 starts up an X-server and asks these questions in a
> graphical screen.

You might want to check that.  IIRC, every time I have actually
installed CentOS from the DVD/CD, it goes into the pseudo-graphical
text mode for disk test, language and keyboard, and /then/ it starts
up the X server to do the rest.

That's how I remember it worked when I installed 4.4 and then 5.0 on
my home desktop, 5.1 on my laptop (and once on my aux desktop at home)
and 5.2 here at work....

Cheers.

mhr