[CentOS] apt vrs yum ?

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 17:11:38 UTC 2008

On 8-Jul-08, at 9:57 AM, Robert - elists wrote:

> I was checking out Dag's ( not dagw ;-> ) new blog...
> I don't know how much, if at all, this has been debated...
> http://dag.wieers.com/blog/using-apt-in-an-rpm-world
> if he is so adamant about apt over yum, why are we using yum still?
> Laziness?  ;-) ...or are we just tasty food centric?
> Yum yum yum !!!
> - rh

This exact debate was covered last (maybe the week before) week. What
I took away from it all, is that yum is the supported option (for
various reasons), hence I personally am sticking with it, and it is
what I know. Nothing against apt, but Yum just works for me.

An archive search will show the various points.