[CentOS] CENTOS irst tim root "mmory or rsh krnl..."

Greg Bailey gbailey at lxpro.com
Tue Jul 8 21:40:18 UTC 2008

mcclnx mcc wrote:

> I installed Centos 5.2 on DELL 2650 server (fresh install).  After
> installed finish, I reboot server and get following messages and
> server hang:
>

> /Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range/
>
> /Redhat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting/
>

> Anyone know why?
>

> Thanks.

 From the 5.1 release notes at:

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS5.1

"During the boot process you may see the message "Memory for crash
kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range" appear. This message
comes from the new kdump infrastructure. It is a harmless message and
can be safely ignored."

I wonder if this should also be included in the 5.2 release notes as a
known issue since it still occurs...

Greg