[CentOS] Total lockup caused by Shift-{print screen}

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 04:56:00 UTC 2008

I just had the misfortune to press Shift-{print screen} accidentally
while in a Gnome desktop, and the result was a completely unresponsive
system where the only recovery was a power switch initiated shutdown.
Further investigation shows the runaway creation of gnome-screenshot

System is CentOS 5.2 fully updated on an Intel i686.

Suggestions about what component should receive the bugzilla report
are welcome.

                 Do NOT delete it.