[CentOS] Re: CentOS 5.2 kernel [2.6.18-92.1.1.el5] crashes on dual-PIII Compaq ProLiant 3000

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jul 9 23:08:25 UTC 2008

on 7-9-2008 12:24 PM Mauriat spake the following:
> 2008/6/26 Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>:
>> We have created a new test kernel that has an upstream patch to fix this
>> issue, please test this and see if it fixes your issues:
>>
>> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/kernel/5/bz443853/
>>

> So this is for those who already have a booting Centos.
> Is there a work-around for those trying to install on a Powernow
> system with a 5.2 media?
> Or do they have to have to revert to trying a 5.1 media?
>
> -Mauriat
Right now you will have to install with either 5.1 media and update, and don't
reboot with the bad kernel selected. Maybe the CentOS team will post a fixed
install disk, maybe not. I doubt that RedHat will fix it until 5.3, but maybe
they will.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and