[CentOS] Mysql replication stopped after 5.2 update.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jul 10 07:27:55 UTC 2008

Alessandro Ren wrote:
>    I did that, as soon as I start replication, the relay file gets corrupted and replication stops.
>    []a.
>
> Alessandro Ren wrote:
>>     Has someone had problems with the mysql version of Centos 5.2? After
>> I upgraded, the replication broke, the relay file got corrupted, I had
>> to downgrade for it to work again.
>

> no such problems here. You could potentially rebase your replica's once
> you have done the upgrade.

When you 'rebase' there is no relay file on either side. Thats the whole
point of doing a rebase from scratch. Essentially, you'd do something
like this on the master :

Service mysqld stop; cd /var/lib/mysql/ ; rm -f mysqld-bin.* ; rm
master.info; rm relay*.info ; lvcreate -s -n mysql-snap -L 10G
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 ; service mysqld start; mkdir /mnt/mysql-snap;
mount /dev/VolGroup00/mysql-snap /mnt/mysql-snap; ssh root at replica
/sbin/service mysqld stop; rsync --delete -Pvar /mnt/mysql-snap/*
root at replica:/var/lib/mysql/ ; ssh root at replica /sbin/service mysqld start

If you still use the old legacy way of specifying the replica param's on
the replica machine, things should just work from there. if you specify
them on the cli, then login to the replica mysql, and 'change master to
master_host...' make sure you set position to '0' since the master would
have started writing new binlogs.

Also, dont top post, and trim your posts.