[CentOS] Re: Evolution in CentOS 5.2

Thu Jul 10 23:34:09 UTC 2008

On 7/9/08, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:42 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:
>>
>> The next thing I suggest is stopping evolution, and killing all
>> evolution processes on the system and starting evolution again and
>> see if that fixes it.

I have killed Evolution and restarted it, many times, in the past few
weeks. The restarts don't do any good. There are intermittent problems
 with Evolution on GNOME.

> Well, it didn't /fix/ the problem, but it did restore the original
> behavior (error opening the contacts address book).

I've tried to add several contacts to the address book and they do not
get added, unless I go into  Contacts and add them as "new" contacts.
I do not remember this happening, before updating to CentOS 5.2.

<snip>
> I've filed a bugzilla report against this with gnome, and, btw, also
> one for bug-buddy's refusal to submit bugzilla reports on gnome 2.16
> because it's "too old."

Great. I have encountered the same problems. I was getting the error
message that Evolution Calendar (which I never use) had crashed and
then when I said OK, Bug Buddy can submit the error, I too got the
message that Gnome is too old.

I am also getting delays, when I try to view an email in my Inbox,
where it says that it is "formatting" the mail. Long time before I can
view emails, at times.