[CentOS] using new sysconfig file

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Jul 12 16:09:52 UTC 2008

I installed postgrey from rpmforge and wanted to use sysconfig to change
options instead of overwriting the init file. However, I get a weird
warning from postgrey. I'm not sure if this is a postgrey quirk or I use
sysconfig the wrong way.

OPTIONS="--unix=/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket --delay=660"

OPTIONS="--unix=$SOCKET --delay=660"

# Source an auxiliary options file if we have one, and pick up OPTIONS,
if [ -r /etc/sysconfig/$prog ]; then
    . /etc/sysconfig/$prog

" invalid for option delay (number expected)

(The quote marks are necessary!)

Using the additional option directly in the init file works just fine.

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany