[CentOS] Re: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Sun Jul 13 17:06:31 UTC 2008

On 7/11/08, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I just played with one of my test vmware ipcop images and set it to dhcp on
> our internal network (which should simulate your natted connection through
> your adsl modem) for the red interface and I was able to dig +trace
> google.com
> with proper answers. So it is possible to get it working unless your ISP
> blocks DNS queries to anywhere else but their own servers.

Scott: There are probably one or two configuration settings that I do
not have correct at this time. That is why I am testing this on our
Backup IPCop box.

You got this to work, so it will work for me, if & when I get the
configuration settings correct. Question: Do I need to put something
in the hosts file? At the moment, I cannot use that IPCop box to surf,
because there is no name resolution. TIA! Lanny