[CentOS] Re: off topic question plss need ur help

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Jul 14 21:21:17 UTC 2008

on 7-14-2008 1:45 PM fabian dacunha spake the following:
> Dear All,
>
> I have been using centos 5.1 for quite some time as out DNS and mail server
> and been workin fine
>
> i use sendmail as my mail server
>
> i did setup a backup mail server as per docs and ran th dns test from
> http://www.checkdns.net
>
> and it says both the mail servers are fine
>

> but i would like to know the following
>
> how would i really know if my main primary server is down all my mails r
> goin to my secondary mail server
>
> and when my primary is up are the mails copied back to my primary
>
> i did put down my mail server for abt 3 hrs cause cant keep it down for
> long but did not really see anything
>
> also are there any websites that can chec both my mail servers correctly
>

> apprecite and thnaks

A real simple test would be to bring down the primary and send yourself
something from an outside address like yahoo or gmail. give it 10 or 15
minutes, bring the primary up and when you see the message to yourself, it
should have a header from your backup server also.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and