[CentOS] vncviewer via gateway option question

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 01:35:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

> How do I set up this environment variable on my notebook.  Would I modify my
> .bash_profile file, and is the format of the added line:\
> VNC_VIA_CMD=/usr/bin/ssh -p 7722 -f -L "$L":"$H":"$R" "$G" sleep 20

You could actually do this a little bit easier, by defining a user ssh
config file in ~/.ssh

You could do something similar to:

Host myvncgateway
HostName server.com
User backupuser #default username
Port 2222 # Use this port instead of 22.

There's a whole mess of other options you can drop in here. man
ssh_config for all the goodies.

George Orwell