[CentOS] Bug-buddy and bug reports for GNOME 2.16...

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 02:30:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> However, the fact is that bug buddy is NOT required to make bugzilla entries
> for RHEL.  If you have a bug, file a bug against the component that is the
> problem.  The fact that bug buddy does not file it directly to gnome is
> really irrelevant as they are no longer providing any support for 2.16.x.
>
> So, when you have a problem (ignoring bug buddy, which is to gnome and not
> to RH), then just file the bug against the thing that is broken.

The place where I see this most frequently is when exiting Evolution.
I use Evo strictly for email, and it is almost always the Calendar
that crashes (why?  beats me!).  So I /can/ go and file the bug
against Evolution (which I will do next time it comes up).

However, isn't Evolution just part of the GNOME distro?

(FTR, I can't remember if this was happening when I was running FC8,
so - does anyone else know if this might have been fixed already?)

Thanks.

mhr