[CentOS] can I host a Ubuntu / Gentoo repository on a CentOS server?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:10:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

> Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve ercbfvgbevrf
> frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel fubhyq
> or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.

Dammit, how many times have I told you that ROT13 is *NOT* secure!

You have to double it to make it even marginally secure.

Here, let me help you out:

Just look at *how* other distributions want to have their repositories
set up and follow that. Normally mirroring a complete repository should
be enough. So you better ask that on a Ubuntu or Gentoo list

There. see how secure that is! No one will EVER suspect Ubuntu/Gentoo
help on the CentOS list.

George Orwell