[CentOS] RADVD and default IPv6 gateway

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jul 15 23:08:01 UTC 2008

the man page for RADVD says:

       radvd is the router advertisement daemon for IPv6. It listens to
       solicitations and sends router advertisements as described in
       Discovery  for  IP Version 6 (IPv6)" (RFC 2461).  With these
       ments hosts can automatically configure their addresses and some
       parameters. They also can choose a default router based on these

But there is nothing I see in man radvd.conf that answers how hosts
choose a default router, nor can I find anything else about this.

Anyone know the answer or where to get the information???