[CentOS] Yun Update problem

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 17 00:45:50 UTC 2008

Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2008 18:47:51 Tony Molloy wrote:

>>> I have seen this error before.  I am not sure if the local cache is
>>> corrupted or my local repository is corrupted/out of sync.  To fix this
>>> in the past I usually do a "yum clean all" and try again.  If that
>>> doesn't work I delete the problem packages from my local repository, and
>>> do a repository sync.
>>>

>>> Kenneth
>> Thanks for the reply,
>>
>> That's exactly what I did but till have the same problem. It may be that
>> the 2 upstream repos that I sync my local repo to are corrupted. This is
>> the first time I've used the x86_64 repos. When I get a chance I'll try and
>> use a different repo and see what happens.
>>
>> Tony
>
> These are internal machines so I had to set up a proxy to get external access.
>
> Then I removed my local repos  and used the "mirrorlist" line in the repos
> definitions and the "fastestmirror" plugin and the update went OK. So it must
> be a problem with my 2 upstream mirrors. I'll get onto the mirror masters and
> try and sort it out with them.
>
> Tony
Alle,

	FYI, I installed two x86_64 boxes by hand from a freshly downloaded
DVD.iso. The first thing I did was update yum on both machines then ran
a yum update. I have no local or third party repositories, but the error
was the same for the same packages:

(170/189): selinux-policy 100% |=========================| 911 kB
00:01
http://ftp2.riken.jp/Linux/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp.iij.ad.jp/pub/linux/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 9] Requested Range Not Satisfiable
Trying other mirror.
http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/CentOS/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
http://ftp.tcc.edu.tw/Linux/CentOS/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
http://ftp.daum.net/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
http://ftp.hostrino.com/pub/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
http://rsync.atworks.co.jp/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
http://centos.mirror.cdnetworks.com/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
http://ftp.stu.edu.tw/Linux/CentOS/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 9] Requested Range Not Satisfiable
Trying other mirror.
ftp://ftp.oss.eznetsols.org/linux/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm:
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] Requested Range Not Satisfiable due
to unobtainable file length.
Trying other mirror.
(171/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================| 8.1 MB
00:13
(172/189): gnutls-1.4.1-3 100% |=========================| 364 kB
00:00
(173/189): kernel-2.6.18- 100% |=========================|  16 MB
00:26
(174/189): libvorbis-deve 100% |=========================| 542 kB
00:01
(175/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================|  15 MB
00:24
(176/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================|  15 MB
00:24
(177/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================| 583 kB
00:01
(178/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================| 737 kB
00:01
(179/189): scim-bridge-gt 100% |=========================|  37 kB
00:00
(180/189): openldap-clien 100% |=========================| 186 kB
00:00
(181/189): ipsec-tools-0. 100% |=========================| 363 kB
00:00
(182/189): cups-1.2.4-11. 100% |=========================| 2.7 MB
00:06
(183/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================| 748 kB
00:01
(184/189): openldap-serve 100% |=========================| 2.2 MB
00:05
(185/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================|  15 MB
00:24
(186/189): openoffice.org 100% |=========================| 191 kB
00:00
(187/189): ruby-1.8.5-5.e 100% |=========================| 279 kB
00:00
(188/189): Deployment_Gui 100% |=========================| 3.3 MB
00:05
(189/189): openldap-2.3.2 100% |=========================| 294 kB
00:00

Error Downloading Packages:
   selinux-policy - 2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch: failure:
RPMS/selinux-policy-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm from updates: [Errno 256]
No more mirrors to try.
   selinux-policy-targeted - 2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch: failure:
RPMS/selinux-policy-targeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm from updates:
[Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

[root at kea ~]#

Best Regards,
Camron