[CentOS] Samba permissions problem

Kevin Thorpe

kevin at pricetrak.com
Thu Jul 17 10:02:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,
       I have a permissions problem with a samba share which I really
can't fathom out. I'm trying to create a fully group writable share.
Easy or so I thought.
As you can see from my config I am trying all the options to set files
group writable, however when I create a file from the client I'm always
getting the
mode 0644. Does anyone have a clue why?  Thanks!

client:
//database.pricetrak.com/spendtrak      /home/spendtrak cifs
username=webserver,password=twonkerlet,uid=apache,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770
0 0

server:
[spendtrak]
        comment = Spendtrak Files