[CentOS] gecko-libs dependency resurfaces

Ben Mohilef

benm at dsl-only.net
Thu Jul 17 15:42:44 UTC 2008

In doing an update of centos 5.2 this morning, I observed that the old
gecko-libs dependency issue caused yum update to fail because it was
required by  nspluginwrapper (x64_86), devhelp, yelm and firefox. Also, a
firefox (x64_86) showed the red hat splash screen rather than centos.

Manual installation of affected rpms using --nodeps (I don't advise this)  did
not apear to impair the performance of any of the affected packages.

Is everyone seeing this or do we have something missing in our
installations?

regards,

benm