[CentOS] Raw device gone after reboot (Centos 5.2)!!!

Jeff jlar310 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 21:45:08 UTC 2008

2008/7/17 mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw>:
> We are set up CENTOS 5.2 (X86) as our database server.  I created raw
> partitions and also put definition on /etc/sysconfig/rawdevices.
>
> I can use "raw -qa" see raw partitions.  The wield things is after reboot
> /dev/raw is not exist any more.
>

> Does anyone know how to fix it?

Raw partitions are deprecated. I recall from prior posts that you are
using Informix, is that right? Recent versions of Informix implement
the O_DIRECT flag for disk I/O so raw devices are not needed

For our Informix installation, we point the server directly at the
/dev/sd* devices. The one trick is to create a file in
/etc/udev/permissions.d that sets the permissions for the disk devices
at boot.

# cat /etc/udev/permissions.d/40-informix.permissions
sdb5:informix:informix:0660
sdb6:informix:informix:0660
sdb7:informix:informix:0660
#