[CentOS] freenx vs vmware console

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 01:40:23 UTC 2008

After upgrading to 5.2 and the current freenx, when I start the vmware
server console (from VMware-server-1.0.6-91891) in the NX client I get
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display ":1000.0".
in the terminal window where vmware was started and a black screen where
the console of the virtual machine is supposed to be.  Is there a way to
make this work?  I would normally ssh/freenx/vnc directly to the virtual
machine but for the cases that need console access I would much rather
use NX with the host machine with the vmware console conneced locally
than use the vmware console remotely.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com