[CentOS] Howto: Java Plugin for Firefox 3.0.1?

ArcosCom Linux User linux at arcoscom.com
Sat Jul 19 10:42:08 UTC 2008

I readed about this problem when I upgraded from 5.1 to 5.2.

With ff3.0b and ff3.0 and ff3.0.1, I have to create the "plugins"
directory manually and then make the simbolic link.

That were tested and working fine with jre1.6_01 to jre1.6_07.

With jre1.6_10 (in beta now) appears that the jre has this type of plug-in
and another one too, I think when jre1.6_10 were released the installation
proccess will be more automated (and not manual).

I not tested the jre1.6_10, but I readed that they will divide the package
into a java-kernel package and java-client package (or something as this)
and will have more ff3.0 standar plug-in (not the usual link in "plug-ins"
directory that will be obsoleted).

The last is that I'm not having problems with ff 3.0.1 making the plugins
directory and making the simbolic link.

Regards