[CentOS] Kernels From CentOS Plus

Bob Taylor bob8221 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 05:39:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 14:29 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Bob Taylor <bob8221 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I found I have the following kernels installed last night:
> >
> > kernel-devel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
> > kernel-headers-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> > kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
> > kernel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
> > kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> > kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
> > kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> >
> > Evidently I have a wrong priority for centos plus? I have  the priority
> > in every item in CentOS-base.repo set to 1. I *think* the kernel in
> > centos plus was a special one.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob
>
> Hi Uncle Bob,
>
> What is the priority for centosplus set to?  It must be larger than 1
> to give base/updates a higher priority.  Also make sure you are not
> excluding kernel in base/updates.

Hi niece Akemi,

Centosplus's priority was 1. I had totally forgotten a special kernel
was in that repo and no, I don't have the kernel excluded in
base/updates. I have since increased the priority of all Centos repos
other than base to a number greater than 1. I hope there are no other
problems!

Thanks. Always a pleasure to talk to you! Now to remove the centos.plus
kernel.

Bob
--
Bob Taylor