[CentOS] Swatch monitor for inactivity?

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Mon Jul 21 16:48:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008, Sean Carolan wrote:
>I would like to use swatch to tail a log file for "PageTurnEvent", and
>if this is not seen in the past 15 minutes then a restart script
>should be run.
>
>Does anyone know if this is possible with the swatch program?

I don't see how as swatch is looking for things that happen, not
those that don't.

We have all the systems we monitor check in using an xml-rpc call
to a central server every fifteen minutes, and that server has a
cron job that checks every fifteen minutes for systems that have
not checked in within the last 20 minutes.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Our Foreign dealings are an Open Book, generally a Check Book.
    Will Rogers